Google

Sunday 11 March, 2007

QUESTIONS TO BE ASKED TO YOUR DOCTOR ON YOUR FIRST VISIT ON SUSPICION OF MESOTHELIOMA OCCURENCE

1. Inform doctor that you have been exposed to asbestos and also inform him about the duration for which this asbestos exposure has taken place and ask undermentioned questions to doctor:

(a) What should I do?

(b) Can I be screened for mesothelioma?

(c) Are my family at risk of mesothelioma if I have been exposed to asbestos?

(d) What should they do?

2. What are you looking for?

3. Will the tests show whether I have cancer?

4. Will the tests show whether my cancer can be operated on?

5. Are any of the tests painful?

6. Do any of the tests have after effects?

7. Can I have these tests as an outpatient?

8. Will I have to stay in hospital for any of the tests?

9. Should I bring someone with me when I have the tests?

10. How long will the results take?

11. Who will give me the test results?

12. Can you explain what is mesothelioma?

13. How would I know if I am having mesothelioma?

14. What tests are you going to do?

15. What are the symptoms of mesothelioma?

16. How do I break this news to my family?

17. What is time left for my survival?

18. I am affected with which kind of mesothelioma?

19. Has my cancer spread beyond the primary site?

20. What is the stage of my cancer and what does that mean to me?

21. What best treatment options are available for me?

22. What do you recommend and why?

23. What is the prognosis of my cancer?

24. What is the chance of my cancer recurring with these treatment plans?

25. What should I do to be ready for treatment?

No comments: